[su_row][su_column size=”1 /1″ center=”yes”][su_custom_gallery source=”media: 922,925,923,1208,1213,968,965,963,962,966,1247,1216″ limit=”12″ link=”custom” width=”199″ height=”199″ title=”never”][/su_column][/su_row]
Welcome to our 2017 Venice Art Week. THIS TOUR IS NOW FULL
Join us for a week in Venice during the 2017 Biennale. Our week is based around the Biennale of course, but also planned to discover some of Venice’s other art sites, islands and hidden secrets with guide Jennifer Buckley and a few friendly locals. We will also take a day tour out into the Veneto, including two of Carlo Scarpa’s great works: Castelvecchio in Verona and the Brion Cemetery, Altivole, a highlight of modernist architecture. This will be a great week mixing contemporary art and Venetian culture.
The 2017 Venice Biennale, curated by Christine Macel, chief curator at Centre Pompidou, is entitled ‘Viva Arte Viva’, Macel’s vision for the curated exhibition is that ‘it be made with, by, and for artists, emphasizing the artist’s role in mediating contemporary society.’
Representing New Zealand, Lisa Reihana: Emissaries will present her expansive multi-channel project in Pursuit of Venus [infected] (2015-17), alongside new photo-based and sculptural works.
The full list of participating artists and countries can be found here
Monday 18 September
Today arrive in Venice in time for a welcome drink and to meet Jennifer Buckley, your Venice guide for the next week and Glen Armstrong your Tour Manager. (There is an opportunity for those who wish to fly up together)
Tuesday 19 September
This morning we get an introduction to the 57th Venice Biennale, starting at the work of New Zealand representative Lisa Reihana, and visiting the key exhibition in the Arsenale. After lunch take a visit Punta della Dogana, a contemporary art museum in Dorsoduro.
Wednesday 20 September
We visit the Giardini including key country pavilions.
This afternoon we are heading to Sant’ Erasmo, Venice’s market garden with a local guide.
Thursday 21 September
This morning enjoy a walking tour with a local contact, including a visit to one of Venice’s hidden gardens.
This afternoon take an afternoon for yourself to explore, relax or seek out more art such as The Guggenheim or perhaps Titian’s Assumption.
Friday 22 September
A day out of town – we will visit some including Castelvecchio in Verona, Carlo Scarpa’s Brion Cemetery, before ending up back in Venice early evening.
Saturday 23 September
Follow up with the last remaining Biennale venues this morning before visiting the island of Torcello for lunch, and Burano before returning to our hotel.
Sunday 24 September
A morning discovering one of Venice’s new contemporary art sites, before a few final hours to yourself before we head off to meet another local over farewell drinks and a light meal.
Monday 25 September
Farewell after breakfast this morning.
- Arrival and departure transfer
- 7 nights accommodation in a 4 Star hotel – twinshare
- All Venice Biennale tickets and all other museum tickets
- Any vaporetto and water taxis required
- Day tour out to the Veneto
- Jennifer Buckley as your tour guide
- Glen Armstrong as your tour manager
- Breakfast and any other meals and drinks included in the final itinerary
Not included: International airfares, travel insurance, meals not included in the final itinerary
We are pleased to be working with Jennifer Buckley, Gallery Director, Founding Director of the Auckland Art Fair who has recently returned from the launch of New Zealand’s exhibition at the Venice Architecture Biennale. Jennifer looks forward to exploring for Venice and sharing her enthusiasm, contacts and insights into art and the city at large over a week. Glen Armstrong from Art Tours is your tour Manager.
[su_tab title=”Terms & Conditions”]
Terms and Conditions:
- Tour is subject to reaching minimum numbers of 10 people.
- The maximum on the tour will be 14 people.
- A deposit of $1000 is required to secure your place, an interim payment of $1000 is due by 31 March 2017
- Remainder payment due 10 July 2017 .
- Travel insurance is mandatory.
- Payment is accepted by cash, cheque, direct credit, Visa or Mastercard. Costs are subject to change. Cancellation fees are payable once deposits are paid.
- You must be reasonably fit and able to walk comfortably for half an hour.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change
Suggested cost $6499 per person twinshare.
A single supplement of approx $2000 is available
House of Travel Terms & Conditions apply.