SOUTH AMERICA – May 10 – 26 2020
Join Sue Gardiner in South America in 2020. Take in contemporary art and cultural highlights including Sao Paulo and Brasilia, a visit to Inhotim (world famous sculpture park near Belo Horizonte), and time taking in Rio. Including work of architect Oscar Niemeyer and landscape architect Roberto Burle-Marx. Enjoy the art and culture of Buenos Aires.
This will be a comprehensive itinerary that will provide you a unique experience of modern and contemporary art and architecture in South America, including professional guides, unique experiences and amazing food.
- MALBA Museum and Parque de la Memoria in Buenos Aires
- The fabulous Tigre Delta and its waterways
- Artist Studios and dealer galleries
- Private collections and dealer galleries
- Museum of Modern Art and Ibirapuera Park by Oscar Niemeyer
- Lina Bo Bardi’s Sesc Pompeia and MASP
- Oscar Niemeyer’s planned city
Rio de Janiero
- Christ the Redeemer
- Copacabana Beach
- Museum of Modern Art and Niemeyer’s Museum of Contemporary Art
- Sunset Cruise across the bay
- Landscape architect Roberto Burle-Marx home and gardens
- Dealer galleries and private collections
Price Budget $18300 NZD twin share, exchange rate dependent. (At NZD/USD 0.65 the cost is $17800)
Single Supplement: $2500 NZD
4 Nights Buenos Aires
3 Nights Sao Paolo
2 nights Belo Horizonte (inhotim)
2 Nights Brasilia
3 nights in Rio
As usual Sue and I will be travelling, and we will have a good deal of assistance on the ground too.
FULL INCLUSIONS to date
• Domestic airfares in economy class.
• All group transfers
• Meals as outlined in final itinerary: daily breakfasts and dinners and lunches
• Bottled water, sodas, fruit juices, wine and beer are included at all meals.
• Transportation in an air-conditioned private coach
• Program direction and coordination, full-time escort from Art Quest International.
• Local guides in each city as necessary
• Entrance fees to all museums and events listed in itinerary
• Tips to guides, drivers, restaurant staff, and hotel porters
• International Airfares (Economy from $2200, Premium – approx. $4000 – 5000, Business Approx $7500 – $10000)
• Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
Cancellation fees and other House of Travel terms and conditions apply
Travel Insurance is mandatory and should be taken out at time of deposit
A moderate degree of fitness should be required for this tour as there will be walking and climbing stairs required.
Minimum Group Size is 14 guests: Maximum is 16
Minimum Numbers are required by 31 August 2019