SOUTH AMERICA – May 10 – 25 2020
Join Sue Gardiner in South America in 2020. Take in contemporary art and cultural highlights including Sao Paulo and Brasilia, a visit to Inhotim (world famous sculpture park near Belo Horizonte), and time taking in Rio. Including work of architect Oscar Niemeyer and landscape architect Roberto Burle-Marx. Enjoy the art and culture of Buenos Aires.
This will be a comprehensive itinerary that will provide you a unique experience of modern and contemporary art and architecture in South America.
SOUTH AMERICA May 10 – 25 2020
Join Sue Gardiner in South America in 2020.
Take in contemporary art and cultural highlights including the Sao Paulo, a visit to Inhotim (world famous sculpture park near Belo Horizonte), and time taking in Rio visiting work of architect Oscar Niemeyer and landscape architect Roberto Burle-Marx. Enjoy Buenos Aires, its art, history, culture, and of course Tango.
Day 1 – 4, Sunday 10 May – Wednesday 13 May
Depart New Zealand to Buenos Aires.
Spend the next three days enjoying a wide range of cultural, historical and artistic engagements to give us a full flavour of this amazing city. Experience contemporary art on a small and large scale. Meet artists and visit influential museums, all the while learning about the history of Argentina through its food and people.
Day 5 – 8, Thursday 14 May – Saturday 16 May
Transfer to Sao Paolo. Here we experience the difference between Argentina and Brazil. There is an amazing array of contemporary and modernist art and architecture here for us to discover. Highlights include the work of Oscar Niemeyer.
Day 9 – 10, Sunday 17 May and Monday 18 May
We take an early morning flight to Brasilia for a unique experience among the architecture of Brazil’s modernist capital.
Day 11 – 12, Tuesday 19 May and Wednesday 20 May
Experience one of the worlds most unique gardens and sculpture parks – Inhotim
Day 13 – 16, Thursday 21 May – Sunday 24 May
Rio – the Sugarloaf, Christ the Redeemer, the Gardens of Roberto Burle-Marx and Oscar Niemeyers Museum of Contemporary Art, along with galleries, and of course Copacabana.
We say good bye on Sunday afternoon, heading to the airport for our flight back via Buenos Aires to Auckland.
Monday 25 May
Price TBC – once Brasilia is added in – budget $16000 – 18000 per person twin share
4 Nights Buenos Aires
3 Nights Sao Paolo
2 nights Belo Horizonte (inhotim)
2 Nights Brasilia
3 nights in Rio
As usual Sue and I will be travelling, and we will have a good deal of assistance on the ground too.
FULL INCLUSIONS TBC
• Domestic airfares in economy class.
• Group transfer to and from International airport in Buenos Aires to hotel, all domestic transfers and out from hotel to International airport in Rio de Janeiro.
• Meals as outlined in itinerary: daily breakfasts and dinners and lunches
• Bottled water, sodas, fruit juices, wine and beer are included at all meals.
• Transportation in an air-conditioned private coach
• Program direction and coordination, full-time escort from Art Quest International.
• Local guides in each city as necessary
• Entrance fees to all museums and events listed in itinerary
• Tips to guides, drivers, restaurant staff, and hotel porters
• International Airfares (Economy from $2200, Premium – approx. $4000 – 5000, Business Approx $7500 – $10000)
• Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
Cancellation fees and other House of Travel terms and conditions apply
Travel Insurance is mandatory and should be taken out at time of deposit
A moderate degree of fitness should be required for this tour as there will be walking and climbing stairs required.